English Classes (ESL)
We Care About You
People matter to us because people matter to God. Therefore, Fellowship Baptist Church exists to introduce people to Jesus Christ, and train them to become faithful followers of Him. Our deep desire is to serve you, helping you to honor God by a growing faith in Christ. To learn more about what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, please visit Knowing Jesus.
We Care About God's Word
God uses the Bible to show us who He is and what His purposes are for us. Our church is committed to the preaching and teaching of biblical truths with an emphasis on applying those truths to our lives. No matter what your needs are today, God can speak to you through His Word.
We Care About One Another
At Fellowship we seek to nurture authentic, caring relationships. Through our loving and sacrificial responses to the needs of one another, we help each other through life's trials and encourage one another to serve God more completely. We invite you to become a part of our family.
We seek to honor God by a growing faith in Christ that is strengthened and expressed in:
- Our worship of God and obedience to His Word,
- Our loving and sacrificial responses to the needs of one another,
- Our zeal to share God's love with a world broken by sin.
- TRUTHWe are committed to teaching the Bible in a variety of settings with an emphasis on practical life application.
- We use a variety of appropriate expressions to honor God for who He is and what He has done.
- We apply the unchanging Word of God using culturally sensitive methods.
- We seek to help individuals to know Christ personally and to experience His grace in every aspect of life.
- GODLY CHARACTER
- We encourage each other to become like Christ in every way.
- We embrace the biblical model and provide opportunities to strengthen marriages and homes.
- We nurture authentic, caring relationships in a variety of settings.
- We encourage and equip believers to maximize the use of their gifts and resources for ministry.
- We strive to respect those in authority over us while carefully utilizing authority given to us.
- We pursue optimum quality in all we do.
- THE SCRIPTURES
- We believe that the Bible (the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments) is inspired by God, and that inspiration extends to every portion of the Bible. Therefore, the Bible is completely infallible as the final authority for all human conduct, creeds and opinions.
THE TRIUNE GOD
- We believe that there is one and only one living God, who is absolutely and eternally one God in three distinct Persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, who are coequal, coexistent and coeternal. Each Person of the triune God possesses all the attributes and perfections of God in their fullness.
- We believe that the Father is the first person of the triune God, and invisible to man in this life. He is uniquely the Father of Jesus Christ, and has a personal relationship with each believer as Father. As the Creator, He is the Father of all humanity, but He also has a special relationship as Father to the chosen nation of Israel.
- We believe that the Son is the second person of the triune God, and that He is the Lord Jesus Christ. At an appointed time, He took upon Himself the very form of man in the incarnation, yet without sin. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary. Therefore, Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully man.
THE HOLY SPIRIT
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the triune God. He reveals the Father and the Son, and convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. At the moment of faith in Christ, He gives the believer eternal life, permanently indwells and guarantees salvation for him/her, and baptizes him/her into the universal church. The Holy Spirit controls in every area of living those believers who are properly yielded to Him.
We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and healing, were only given during the infancy of the church, and that speaking in tongues was never the common or necessary sign of the baptism by or filling of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God created holy, spiritual beings called angels to worship and serve Him. Some of the angels have remained holy, worshipping God in His presence, and doing His bidding as messengers and servants. Others, led by Satan and known as demons, are now working against God's plan and program.
- We believe that Satan (the devil) is an angel created by God. In his original state, he was perfect in all his ways. Because of his beauty, he became prideful and sinned against God, along with a host of other angels who followed him. Therefore, he lost his special position at the throne of God. Satan is the tempter of man, the accuser of believers, and the ruler of our sinful world. He is destined for the lake of fire.
- THE CREATION
- We believe in the historicity of the entire narrative in Genesis, including the direction creation by God of the universe and man in six literal days apart from any evolutionary process, a literal Adam and Eve as the parents of all mankind, a literal fall of man, and a catastrophic, worldwide flood.
- THE FALL OF MAN
- We believe that man was created in the image of God in a state of untested holiness, but that through his own disobedience man fell and became a sinner. As a result of the fall, all of mankind are sinners by choice, are under condemnation, and are without excuse before God. The corruption of man's nature extends to every aspect of his/her being, and he/she can do nothing to change his/her basic inclination toward sin.
- REDEMPTION FROM SIN
- We believe that the only escape from the condemnation of sin is through Jesus Christ, who voluntarily took upon Himself the form of man, yet without sin, and was crucified as a sacrifice for the sin of all mankind. This sacrifice was a substitutionary death in the place of the sinner, in which He suffered the penalty for sin, thereby paying the ransom to release the believing sinner from the bondage of sin for both time and eternity.
- SALVATION BY GRACE
- We believe that salvation is a free gift of God, imparted only to those individuals who, in conscious recognition of their own sinfulness and utter depravity before God, turn by faith to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Salvation is provided by God's grace solely through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the sin-bearer for the world, and not through any works on the part of the individual. The one who is saved is given eternal life, has forgiveness of sins, is declared righteous, and is no longer under condemnation. Once given, salvation is never taken away.
- We believe that preparatory sanctification is the work of the Holy Spirit in setting apart and preparing the sinner to trust Christ unto salvation. Positional sanctification is the act of God whereby the believer, at the moment of salvation, is eternally set apart for God's purpose as an adopted son. Progressive sanctification is the continuous operation of the Holy Spirit, by which He delivers the believer from the pollution of sin, and renews him/her in the image of Christ, so that the believer is able to perform good works. Perfect sanctification will occur at the return of Christ, at which time the believer will be made like Christ, completely free from sin in every way.
- THE CHURCH
- We believe that the universal church is not an organization, but an invisible, spiritual organism, consisting of all believers from the day of Pentecost until the Rapture. In the universal church, God has brought Jews and Gentiles together in one body, and united them with each other and with Christ through Spirit baptism.
We believe that the local church is distinguished from other Christian organizations by the fact that it is a congregation of professing believers, associated by covenant of faith and fellowship of the gospel, observing the ordinances of Christ, and exercising the gifts, rights and privileges vested in it by the New Testament. We hold that the local church has the absolute right of self-government.
- OFFICERS OF THE LOCAL CHURCH
- We believe that the New Testament identifies two officers of the local church: those who occupy the office of pastor/elder/bishop; and those who occupy the office of deacon. The Pastor/Elder/Bishop(s) shepherd the church as a flock, provide mature leadership, and oversee the affairs of the church. They must be faithful teachers of the Word of God, equipping believers for works of service. Deacons are servants who help care for the physical needs of the congregation, and assist the Pastor/Elder/Bishop(s).
- ORDINANCES OF THE LOCAL CHURCH
- We believe the New Testament describes two ordinances for the local church, believer's baptism and the Lord's Supper. Believer's baptism is that act of obedience on the part of the believer by which he/she is fully immersed in water as a symbol of his/her union with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and his/her union with the church. The Lord's Supper is a memorial to the death of the Lord Jesus Christ, and a symbol of the union of true believers within the body of Christ.
- SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
- We believe that the church is separate from the institution of human government, and is sovereign in and of itself. Therefore, the state does not have authority over the church in spiritual matters. However, this does not absolve the church from obeying the civil laws and rulers, since God has ordained all human government.
- THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE WICKED
- We believe that there is a radical and essential difference between the righteous and the wicked. Only those who have been justified by faith are truly righteous before God. All others are in His sight wicked and under condemnation. This distinction among people continues after death, in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost.
- LAST THINGS
- We believe that this present church age will end at the Rapture, when Jesus Christ will gather up all church-age believers, dead and living, to Himself in the clouds. After the Rapture will come seven years of tribulation, during which time God's wrath against sin will be poured out toward all mankind, and many will be saved, both Jews and Gentiles. The Tribulation will come to an end with the Second Coming of Christ literally, physically and bodily to the earth to judge the nations and establish His Millennial Kingdom in fulfillment of God's promises to Israel. Following the Millennium, Christ will judge the unrighteous dead, and usher in the eternal state. In the eternal state, believers of all ages will enjoy the blessings and presence of the Lord forever in the new heaven and new earth, while unbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire for eternity.
Ron D. Lindholm, Senior Pastor
Stuart A. Odom, Associate Pastor
Dwight Briggs, Administrator
Kathy Buckley, Secretary
|9:30 AM || ||Bible Study Classes for all ages||10:45 AM || ||Worship Service
||10:45 AM || ||Building Blocks Children's Program,
for age 3 to grade 6
| || ||Small groups meet each week beginning in September, 2017
- Sunday Worship
- We gather for the purpose of drawing primary attention to the person and praise of God through music and the preaching of the Bible.
- Small Gropus (beginning September, 2017)
- People of all ages participate in weekly home-meeting groups that focus on application of the Sunday sermon, fellowship, mutual encouragement and prayer.
- Building Blocks (beginning September 10, 2017)
- A Sunday morning program for children age 3 through grade 6 held during Sunday Worship, involving large and small groups, multi-media presentations, and dynamic Bible lessons.
- Sunday Morning Bible Classes
- People of all ages are provided with biblical instruction, practical Christian training, and supportive fellowship with a view toward presenting everyone mature in Christ to the glory of God.
- A ministry for children up to age two that allows parents to participate in the Sunday morning gatherings of the church.
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- A ministry that allows us to help those in the community who want to improve their English skills, while introducing them to the Bible.
- Youth Ministry
- A ministry for young people grades 7 to 12 that assists parents in training their children to know, love and serve God.
- Women's Ministries
- A ministry that nurtures authentic, caring relationships among the women of our church, and encourages them to maximize the use of their gifts and resources in Christian service.
- Men's Ministries
- A ministry that equips and encourages the men of our church to become like Christ in every way, and to provide strong spiritual leadership in the home and the church.
- Deacon's Ministry to the Congregation
- A ministry of our Deacons ensuring that a high level of personal-pastoral ministry is enjoyed by all the families of the congregation.
- Nursing Home Ministry
- A ministry of sharing the gospel with nursing home residents, while demonstrating Christ's love for them and providing opportunities for gathered worship.
- Vacation Bible School
- A week-long summer ministry for children age 3 to grade 6 that reaches them for Christ and trains them to serve Him.
Our deep desire is to serve you, helping you to honor God by a growing faith in Christ. Please let us know how we can assist you by sending us an email or giving us a call. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Fellowship Baptist Church
5936 Rolling Road
Springfield, VA 22152