English Classes (ESL)
Beliefs: Page 2 Beliefs: Page 3
- THE SCRIPTURES
- We believe that the Bible (the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments) is inspired by God, and that inspiration extends to every portion of the Bible. Therefore, the Bible is completely infallible as the final authority for all human conduct, creeds and opinions.
- THE TRIUNE GOD
- We believe that there is one and only one living God, who is absolutely and eternally one God in three distinct Persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, who are coequal, coexistent and coeternal. Each Person of the triune God possesses all the attributes and perfections of God in their fullness.
- THE FATHER
- We believe that the Father is the first person of the triune God, and invisible to man in this life. He is uniquely the Father of Jesus Christ, and has a personal relationship with each believer as Father. As the Creator, He is the Father of all humanity, but He also has a special relationship as Father to the chosen nation of Israel.
- THE SON
- We believe that the Son is the second person of the triune God, and that He is the Lord Jesus Christ. At an appointed time, He took upon Himself the very form of man in the incarnation, yet without sin. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary. Therefore, Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully man.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the triune God. He reveals the Father and the Son, and convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. At the moment of faith in Christ, He gives the believer eternal life, permanently indwells and guarantees salvation for him/her, and baptizes him/her into the universal church. The Holy Spirit controls in every area of living those believers who are properly yielded to Him.
- We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and healing, were only given during the infancy of the church, and that speaking in tongues was never the common or necessary sign of the baptism by or filling of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God created holy, spiritual beings called angels to worship and serve Him. Some of the angels have remained holy, worshipping God in His presence, and doing His bidding as messengers and servants. Others, led by Satan and known as demons, are now working against God's plan and program.
- We believe that Satan (the devil) is an angel created by God. In his original state, he was perfect in all his ways. Because of his beauty, he became prideful and sinned against God, along with a host of other angels who followed him. Therefore, he lost his special position at the throne of God. Satan is the tempter of man, the accuser of believers, and the ruler of our sinful world. He is destined for the lake of fire.